The Desert Diamonds Bellydance Troupe
The Desert Diamonds are a bellydance performance troupe directed and choreographed by Helen Santa Maria, Cherie Marshal and other troupe level SMBA coaches. Based in Berkshire, they perform at local and national events and showcases as well as festivals and parties.
Rehearsals are held Thursdays 8.30-9.45pm (please arrive already warmed up)
From Thursday 17th January 2019 with a half term break on 21 January
Venue Kendrick School Sports Centre, East St., Reading, RG1 5BN
Registration is by invitation only
Curriculum: How to become a well-rounded, versatile, bellydancer! Have fun and update your knowledge and skills this term as we cover moves and sequences in a mix of styles and props. Including advanced double veil, stick, American Tribal Style, Cherie’s Street fusion style, Finger cymbals and folkloric. We’ll be keeping it fresh and changing up the topic every couple of weeks to keep you motivated during what can be a tough time of year. Your coach will have some spare props, or put your Christmas money to good use and treat yourself to your own!
12 week week Course fee*: £110
* Please note bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of student circumstances, e.g. holiday and illness. Thank you for understanding.
Desert Diamonds performing at Strictly Oxford
Highlights from past performances:
* 22 October 2014, Sheikh It! Bellydance Show, Kenton Theatre, Henley
* 16 July Summer Spectacular, Reading
* 5 June 2011, East Ilslsey Sheep Fair
* 22 May 2011 Dancia International Reading
Dance Showcase at Rivermead Leisure Complex
* 7 April 2011 Arabesque, London
* 3 April 2011 The Shimmytastic Show, Twyford
* 27 March 2011 Hipnotic, Reading
* Royal Berkshire Bengali Association in aid of Kankhal Medical Aid, Slough, January 2011
* Silk Route at Bellyworld, London Sunday 28 November 2010
* Christmas Show, Loddon Valley Leisure, Sunday 5 December 2010
* Hipnotic, September 2010
* Ascot and Sunningdale Carnival, September 2010
Click here for frequently asked questions.