The Desert Diamonds Bellydance Troupe
The Desert Diamonds are a bellydance performance troupe directed and choreographed by Helen Santa Maria, Cherie Marshal and other troupe level SMBA coaches. Based in Berkshire, they perform at local and national events and showcases as well as festivals and parties.
Rehearsals are held Thursdays 8.00-9.00pm
Term starts: Thursday 7th January 2021 (no class during half term 18th February)
Read Dance and Theatre College, St Bart’s Theatre, St Bartholomew’s Road, Reading, RG1 3QA (map below). The studio is in the church with the entrance at the front to the left, the door is under a porch. Via Zoom, each class will be recorded so you can catch up if you miss or have tech issues etc.
Parking: Some parking in the small car park directly in front of the church and on St. Bartholomew’s Road. There is also parking at Palmer Park Stadium close by.
Explore the earthy traditional roots of bellydance with a focus on balady. We’ll be postponing the choreography as we move over to Zoom! Instead your coach will lead you through advanced level drills, techniques and combos.
12 week week Course fee*:
Registration is by invitation only.
* Please note bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of student circumstances, e.g. holiday and illness. Thank you for understanding.
Desert Diamonds performing at Strictly Oxford
Highlights from past performances:
* 22 October 2014, Sheikh It! Bellydance Show, Kenton Theatre, Henley
* 16 July Summer Spectacular, Reading
* 5 June 2011, East Ilslsey Sheep Fair
* 22 May 2011 Dancia International Reading
Dance Showcase at Rivermead Leisure Complex
* 7 April 2011 Arabesque, London
* 3 April 2011 The Shimmytastic Show, Twyford
* 27 March 2011 Hipnotic, Reading
* Royal Berkshire Bengali Association in aid of Kankhal Medical Aid, Slough, January 2011
* Silk Route at Bellyworld, London Sunday 28 November 2010
* Christmas Show, Loddon Valley Leisure, Sunday 5 December 2010
* Hipnotic, September 2010
* Ascot and Sunningdale Carnival, September 2010
Click here for frequently asked questions.