The Desert Diamonds Bellydance Troupe
The Desert Diamonds are a bellydance performance troupe directed and choreographed by Helen Santa Maria, Cherie Marshal and other troupe level SMBA coaches. Based in Berkshire, they perform at local and national events and showcases as well as festivals and parties.
Rehearsals are held Thursdays 8.30-9.30pm (please arrive already warmed up)
Term starts: Thursday 9th January 2020
Venue: Read Dance and Theatre College, St Bart’s Theatre, St Bartholomew’s Road, Reading, RG1 3QA (map below). The studio is in the church with the entrance at the front to the left, the door is under a porch.
Parking: Some parking in the small car park directly in front of the church and on St. Bartholomew’s Road. There is also parking at Palmer Park Stadium close by.
Curriculum: We’ll be starting the year with 3 weeks of drills and technique with a focus on abdominal work, arms and upper body, Hipwork and shimmies and advanced isolations. Then we will have 3 weeks on 3 exciting topics to build on your existing knowledge and technique: Khaleejji dance from the Gulf, Tango bellydance fusion and sensual Enchanted Egypt bellydance fusion.
12 week week Course fee*: £105
Registration is by invitation only.
* Please note bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of student circumstances, e.g. holiday and illness. Thank you for understanding.
Desert Diamonds performing at Strictly Oxford
Highlights from past performances:
* 22 October 2014, Sheikh It! Bellydance Show, Kenton Theatre, Henley
* 16 July Summer Spectacular, Reading
* 5 June 2011, East Ilslsey Sheep Fair
* 22 May 2011 Dancia International Reading
Dance Showcase at Rivermead Leisure Complex
* 7 April 2011 Arabesque, London
* 3 April 2011 The Shimmytastic Show, Twyford
* 27 March 2011 Hipnotic, Reading
* Royal Berkshire Bengali Association in aid of Kankhal Medical Aid, Slough, January 2011
* Silk Route at Bellyworld, London Sunday 28 November 2010
* Christmas Show, Loddon Valley Leisure, Sunday 5 December 2010
* Hipnotic, September 2010
* Ascot and Sunningdale Carnival, September 2010
Click here for frequently asked questions.